Wednesday, August 1, 2007

China Landmarks

Tourist attractions, yay!

One of the most noticeable skyscrapers in Hong Kong is the Bank of China. From what my uncle told me it is suppose to look like a butcher knife.


The Lippo Center. It's right next door to the Bank of China. "What's the Lippo Center?" you say? I really don't know, but I took a picture of it anyway. Hah! (Please excuse the lens flare)


The tour in Macao led us to St. Paul's ruin. According to wikipedia, it was carved by exiled Japanese Christians and was once the largest cathedral in Asia.


This statue of the Buddhist goddess, Kun Lam, stands in Macao. From what my tour guide told us because of Portuguese, she looks like like Lady of Guadalupe.


Can't go to Hong Kong without seeing the "Big Buddha." We had to climb 270 steps in 100F degree weather to reach it! Did I mention it was very humid? I hate Asia weather.


Not landmarks, but night shots of Hong Kong I have yet to upload.


Not the best picture, but I shot this hand-held without a tripod. :)

2 comments:

Taro said...

Absolutely Amazing photograph for me. I'm really impressed with the night view of HongKong!

Am I prohibited to download picture and use personally?

I want to put it to my cellphone as wallpaper if you don't mind!!

Michelle said...

WOW! Stunning photos! LOVE them! Really like the night shots!